As a Management Board we have the following ‘Roles & Responsibilities’:
- We understand the purpose of the board and the role of the executive headteacher.
- We accept that we have no legal authority to act individually, except when the board has given us delegated authority to do so, and therefore we will only speak on behalf of the management board when we have been specifically authorised to do so.
- We accept collective responsibility for all decisions made by the board or its delegated agents. This means that we will not speak against majority decisions outside the management board meeting.
- We have a duty to act fairly and without prejudice, and in so far as we have responsibility for staff, we will fulfil all that is expected of a good employer.
- We will encourage open government and will act appropriately.
- We will consider carefully how our decisions may affect the community and other schools.
- We will always be mindful of our responsibility to maintain and develop the ethos and reputation of Lawnswood. Our actions within Lawnswood and the local community will reflect this.
- In making or responding to criticism or complaints we will follow the procedures established by the management board.
- We will actively support and challenge the executive headteacher.
A copy of our ‘Code of Conduct’ which sets out Roles and Responsibilities can be downloaded here.